Last night, myself and 5 friends went to Ancora, a gorgeous Italian restaurant in Oldham to celebrate our friend Joanna’s 21st birthday. It isn’t often that we are able to all get together so when we do, it is great to catch up, especially when there’s food involved! I decided on a taupe sparkly eye look for the occasion, using my new Bobbi Brown Nude eye palette from the Nude Glow collection, recently launched. I will be writing up a detailed review of this palette this week, so keep your eyes peeled for that!
This look is really easy to achieve using the products I did as it requires very little technique and minimal blending.
- I started by priming my eyes using the Maybelline colour tattoo in the colour ‘Permanent Taupe’, being careful not to take this too far above the crease.
-For my brows, I used Sleek’s brow kit in light, using a MAC 266
-On a flat shader brush, I took Anonymous from the Urban Decay Vice palette and highlighted my brow bone and inner corners of my eyes
-From the Bobbi Brown palette, I took the palest matte shade on a large fluffy brush and swept this above my crease to act as a transition colour
- Using the second matte shade from the palette, I applied this in the crease to create some definition
- I took a synthetic flat shader brush, sprayed it with some Fix+ and applied the taupe sparkly eyeshadow from the Bobbi Brown palette, being generous with the application
-(TIP) to ensure I had minimum fall out with this product (which is inevitable due to it being glitter) I just placed a tissue underneath my eye whilst I was applying it
-On a clean 217, I applied a matte dark brown eyeshadow to my crease to create some more definition which had been lost after applying the sparkly eyeshadow
-I then took Black Market from the Urban Decay Vice palette and concentrated this colour low in my crease
-Once I was happy with the eyeshadow, I used MAC’s Blacktrack gel eyeliner to create a thin line along my upper lashline, finished off with a small wing at the outer corner
-For the lower lashline, I ran a small amount of the matte stone shade from the Bobbi Brown palette
- To finish off the eyes, I used Benefit’s They’re Real mascara, applying two coats
- I applied an Avon day cream as my primer today as my skin has been pretty dry this week due to me having a cold so a good application of that in the centre of my face helped the application of my foundation
-I used MAC Studio Sculpt foundation in NW25 on a Sigma flat top kabuki brush
- I took Bobbi Brown’s creamy concealer in Light Peach underneath my eyes to conceal my dark circles
- I set that with Bare Mineral’s ‘Well Rested’ which brightened up my under-eye area significantly
- I set the rest of my face using Ben Nye’s banana powder as usual!
- I then used MAC’s Matte Bronze to bronze my face lightly
- Then I took Benefit’s Hula bronzer and lightly contoured my cheeks
- I wanted a neutral highlight with no warm tones due to the taupe colour on my eyes so I took MAC’s Soft and Gentle and dusted this on my cheekbones and down the bridge of my nose and on my cupid’s bow
- For blusher, I applied Torrid by Nars
- Because I had some shimmer on the eyes, I wanted to downplay the lips and go a bit softer so I took this opportunity to try out my new Tanya Burr lipgloss in the colour Afternoon Tea. I will be reviewing these this week also!
If any of you try this out, let me know as I’d love to see if you have any questions, please leave me a comment or tweet me at @beasbeautyblog.
Thanks for reading!