In the run up to Mother’s Day, House of Fraser are running a blogger competition with the theme ‘inspired by mum’. The rules are that you must create a look, using fashion or beauty items, that is inspired by mum and post the look, with pictures, on your blog. You must be a blogger to enter and the prize is a £100 House of Fraser voucher if you win which would be the perfect Mothers Day gift. In the post, you must also say which product, from House of Fraser, would complete your look.
Luckily for me, my mum is just as into beauty products as I am so we often use products from each others’ collections and talk about our favourite items. I wonder where I get it from… So I thought it would be a fun idea to literally copy my mum’s make-up look today. She isn’t quite as adventurous as I am when it comes to colour and technique so instead she will opt for subtle neutrals, a soft pink lip and a rosy cheek on most days.
As you can see, she is a complete and utter beauty. Inside and out. And although we don’t look too much alike, I really enjoyed playing dress up with her for the day. It reminded me of when my sister and I were little and we used to watch her apply her make-up trying and failing to copy what she was doing.
Some of the products used to create our look today include:
-Urban Decay Naked palette
- Dior Rosy Glow blusher
- Urban Decay Naked Basics palette
- Lioele Triple the Solution BB cream
- Laura Mercier Mineral Foundation
- Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector
- Revlon ColourBurst Matte Balm
And this is how we did it…
- First of all, we applied Lioele Triple the Solution BB cream, on a Sigma F80 brush, buffing it onto the skin until we had a flawless base.
- For a touch more coverage, we then buffed a small amount of Laura Mercier’s mineral foundation using an Ecotools large kabuki brush
- Then we used Nars Laguna to bronze and slightly contour, giving the face some extra definition
- We then moved onto the eyes, using a very small amount of my Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz on the brows
- Then to begin our eye look, we used Smog from Urban Decay on a flat brush, to use as our lid colour. We also ran this colour underneath the eye, on our lower lashline, dragging it from inner to outer corner
- In the crease, we used a mixture of W.O.S and Naked 2 from the Naked Basics palette to aid blending Smog and add a little bit of definition, just to finish off the eye look
- Then to tie everything together, we added a couple of coats of mascara. I used Benefit’s They’re Real and my mum used L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black
- To finish off the face, we used a generous amount of Dior’s Rosy Glow blusher which is my mum’s absolute favourite beauty item and one that she feels is an essential in her collection
- On the lips, we used Revlon’s ColourBurst Matte Balm in the colour Showy with a slick of the pink Clarins’ Instant Light Natural Lip Perfecter on top.
And that was our make-up look :). To complete the look, I would have to choose a highlighter such as the Nars Illuminator in Copacabana which would have brightened up our complexion and added a youthful, dewy glow.
If you want to read up on this brilliant competition, visit the ‘Inspired by Mum’ House of Fraser blog page here.
Thanks for reading!
Aww lovely post, you both look gorgeous x