Today I have been making the most of Mother’s Day by spending some quality time with my lovely mum, Granma and twin sister. We spent the afternoon doing a bit of shopping at the Trafford Centre and then me and my sister treated my mum and granma to our lunch at Zizzi which was really nice. I wanted to do something a bit special with my make-up today and seeing as one of my favourite colours to use on my eyes in purple, I thought it would be only right to use it on this special day.
Plus, I treated myself to a new eyeshadow a couple of days ago and I really wanted to try it :D.
- I started by priming my eyes using a Maybelline Colour Tattoo in the colour Endless Purple which I applied using my finger
- I then filled my brows in using the Sleek brow kit in Light, using an angled brush from MAC
- The first eyeshadow I used was Limit from the Naked 3 palette which I blended above my crease using a large fluffy brush
- I then took Nooner on the same brush and placed this colour just below where I blended Limit
- On a pencil brush, I took an Estee Lauder pure colour eyeshadow in the colour 96 Garnet Desire and placed this right at the outer corner, going back with the colour until I was happy with the intensity
- I then went in with a clean MAC 217 blending brush to ensure the edges of that colour were well blended with no harsh lines
- For my lid colour, I took my new MAC eyeshadow, Li’Lily which is a lovely shimmery lilac colour which complemented this look perfectly. I applied this colour using a MAC 242 brush
- For my inner corner and brow bone highlight, I went back to my Naked 3 palette and took the colour Strange
- For the shadow below my bottom lashline, I used a pencil brush and Nooner
- I then took MAC Blacktrack fluidline and did a small line along my lashline, with a small wing at the outer corner
- To finish off the eye look, I used my favourite mascara, Benefit’s They’re Real
- I started off my face by applying some of the L’Oreal Studio Secrets primer to my t-zone to ensure my foundation lasted throughout the day
- The foundation I used today was the Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin which I applied using the Sigma F80 flat top kabuki brush
- I then used the L’Oreal True Match concealer (which I love) and then set my undereye area with Bare Minerals’ Well Rested
- To set my foundation, I used Ben Nye’s Banana Powder as usual
- To bronze my face slightly, I used the Bourjois bronzer on my cheeks, under my jaw and around my forehead
- As a subtle highlight, I used MAC’s Pink Buttercream Pearl Matte which added just enough sheen
- Then to complete my face make-up, I used Estee Lauder’s Signature Silky Powder Blush in 23 Soft Plum which tied the whole look together
- I decided to keep the lips really easy and just dabbed a Revlon Lip Butter in the colour Strawberry Shortcake all over the lips.
What make-up look did you go for this Mother’s Day?
Thanks for reading!
So gorgeous! You’re makeup is definitely putting your eyes center stage. Flawless!
Great look on you!
Love the look you created for Mother’s Day bea it suited you .
Your makeup is gorgeous, I love how soft the lilac shadows look on you. They really make your eyes pop xx
Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie