Today I have been making the most of Mother’s Day by spending some quality time with my lovely mum, Granma and twin sister. We spent the afternoon doing a bit of shopping at the Trafford Centre and then me and my sister treated my mum and granma to our lunch at Zizzi which was really nice. I wanted to do something a bit special with my make-up today and seeing as one of my favourite colours to use on my eyes in purple, I thought it would be only right to use it on this special day.
Plus, I treated myself to a new eyeshadow a couple of days ago and I really wanted to try it :D.
- I started by priming my eyes using a Maybelline Colour Tattoo in the colour Endless Purple which I applied using my finger
- I then filled my brows in using the Sleek brow kit in Light, using an angled brush from MAC
- The first eyeshadow I used was Limit from the Naked 3 palette which I blended above my crease using a large fluffy brush
- I then took Nooner on the same brush and placed this colour just below where I blended Limit
- On a pencil brush, I took an Estee Lauder pure colour eyeshadow in the colour 96 Garnet Desire and placed this right at the outer corner, going back with the colour until I was happy with the intensity
- I then went in with a clean MAC 217 blending brush to ensure the edges of that colour were well blended with no harsh lines
- For my lid colour, I took my new MAC eyeshadow, Li’Lily which is a lovely shimmery lilac colour which complemented this look perfectly. I applied this colour using a MAC 242 brush
- For my inner corner and brow bone highlight, I went back to my Naked 3 palette and took the colour Strange
- For the shadow below my bottom lashline, I used a pencil brush and Nooner
- I then took MAC Blacktrack fluidline and did a small line along my lashline, with a small wing at the outer corner
- To finish off the eye look, I used my favourite mascara, Benefit’s They’re Real
- I started off my face by applying some of the L’Oreal Studio Secrets primer to my t-zone to ensure my foundation lasted throughout the day
- The foundation I used today was the Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin which I applied using the Sigma F80 flat top kabuki brush
- I then used the L’Oreal True Match concealer (which I love) and then set my undereye area with Bare Minerals’ Well Rested
- To set my foundation, I used Ben Nye’s Banana Powder as usual
- To bronze my face slightly, I used the Bourjois bronzer on my cheeks, under my jaw and around my forehead
- As a subtle highlight, I used MAC’s Pink Buttercream Pearl Matte which added just enough sheen
- Then to complete my face make-up, I used Estee Lauder’s Signature Silky Powder Blush in 23 Soft Plum which tied the whole look together
- I decided to keep the lips really easy and just dabbed a Revlon Lip Butter in the colour Strawberry Shortcake all over the lips.
What make-up look did you go for this Mother’s Day?
Thanks for reading!