If you are a regular follower of my blog, first of all, welcome back :D if you are new here, then what took you so long?! Second of all, you may know that since having my weave taken out at the end of January, I have been giving my hair a break from using anything too damaging on it, such as straighteners, which is a rule I have done well to keep up as it has done wonders for the condition of my hair. I don’t mind using them at the weekend, say if I’m going out and want to wear my extensions, but through the week, I normally leave my hair how it is naturally, which is pretty wavy. I get quite a lot of questions about how I style my hair when I want to leave it au naturel so I thought I would write a post about it for anyone who is interested.
This is my hair from the back. As you can see, it’s fairly wavy. It’s in that awkward place between wavy and curly which works for me as I consider myself pretty lucky that I can have it straight or curly and it still looks ok:
The products I use are:
So to get it looking like this, it’s pretty simple. It literally takes me 5 minutes and I’m good to go. Which is another reason I do this during the week as it buys me a bit of time in the morning before I have to rush off to work :). Here are the steps I take:
- I jump in the shower and wash my hair using whatever is in there at the time and use conditioner as normal
- Once that’s done, I will towel dry my hair, just to get rid of any excess water, especially from the ends
- Using a wide toothed comb, I give it a good comb through, making sure there are no knots and then I part my hair as I normally would
- I then use the John Frieda Frizz-Ease: Dream Curls Styling Spray and spritz it a few times all over my hair, distributing it evenly
- I then take my hair dryer and attach a diffuser to the end (pretty sure I got mine from eBay or Amazon), flip my head upside down and blow the hair dryer on medium heat, holding it in place against my head in different sections, focusing on the roots, until most of the moisture has gone
- Once my hair is around 85% (very precise ha!) dry, I use a pea sized amount of the Osmo curl fluid and just kind of scrunch it onto the ends, just so they don’t go frizzy, which is partly the reason I don’t dry all of my hair with the hair dryer. I feel like letting the rest air dry gives a much nicer result.
And that’s it :) this post won’t be for everyone but I thought it would be easier to explain how I do my hair this way, for the people who would like to know!
Thanks for reading!